As long as you become a senior, you lose the energetical potential, your swing speed is affected the same, and during this time, you recall your younger days and think “I wish I were able to play like those days”, right?
In this case, you can have a chance to play your natural game by upgrading the equipment that you use for golfing — yes, you should change the drivers, irons, hybrids, and woods according to your current skills and capacity.
For this, you need to have the best golf kit for seniors especially, and in this article, we are going to explore the best irons for seniors which will help you to pick the best irons for you.
As you know that golfers use the driver for initiating the game, but why are irons used in golf?
Irons are used to generating the powerful shot due to which you get the ball nearest to the hole and you can complete the round with the lowest score.
And due to this much importance, you must have the best irons to convert your game into a victory with the lowest score.
Best Golf Irons for Senior: Top Picks
Are You In Hurry? Then Check Out Below!
If you are in hurry and don’t have much more time to go through the full guide and recommendations,
then don’t worry, you should go with LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons Individual or Golf Irons Set for Men which will accomplish and fulfill all your requirements with the modest and premium features within your budget and will play a major role in your victory.
[amazon box=”B093TKFF6D” title=”LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons Individual/Set for Men”]
How to Select The Best Senior Golf Iron Club?
As far as you search for the best senior iron golf clubs, you will find plenty of senior clubs, but it’s your responsibility to choose the perfect one, and for that, you have to follow just a few points.
- Flex is a very important module so when you go for buying the senior iron club for you, check that you are picking either a senior flex or a regular flex, it will help you a lot — never go for a stiff or extra stiff flex, it’s pretty harder to use for you as a senior.
- Next, you need to check the shaft- if you want a long-lasting golf iron, you can go with the metal (alloy steel) shaft, but it may be a little bit heavier, and if you want a very lightweight iron for seniors, you should go with graphite shaft, but it may not be very long-lasting.
- Moving on to the next point, don’t forget to check the weight of the golf iron for senior golfers, heavier irons may create chaos to swinging the iron while hitting and you may miss your goal as well, so always buy a lightweight golf iron for you a senior golf legend.
- If you are amongst those golfers who avoid checking the length, then stop it, always check the length of an iron golf club, and check whether it is matching with your height perfection or not, if not, leave it and go for another one.
- Never forget to check the online review for each club that you shortlist for you to buy, the reviews from existing users will give you an exact idea about the trustworthiness of an iron that you are thinking to buy.
Best Irons For Seniors
Well, you have gone through the important points to check while you are about to order the suitable irons for seniors, I think, only buying guide is not enough, and that is why I am suggesting the best senior irons that you can buy without checking anything because they are totally perfect for you.
In order to provide you with ease of buying, below is the list of the top 6 best seniors irons that you must buy for victory.
1. LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons Individual/Set for Men
[amazon box=”B093TKFF6D” title=”LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons Individual/Set for Men”]
Lazrus Premium Golf Irons have been sold more than 1000 times on amazon with extremely positive feedback and have been listed on Amazon’s Choice, so it’s clear that there is nothing to double-check in it while buying.
If you are looking for very budget-friendly and the best golf irons for seniors, don’t pick any other club iron apart from Lazrus premium irons because it fulfills all your requirement including your budget.
Talking about the flex and material, it comes with the regular flex, the material of the shaft and iron club is alloy steel, and that is why it’s very durable.
The loft is 60 degrees, which provides very low swing speed, so if you are looking for the awesome Best irons for slow swing speed, you do not waste a single second ordering this iron set.
There is only one con in this one it is available only for right-handed senior golfers, so if you are a left-handed golfer, you should scroll down, or choose from the above-mentioned best senior golf irons.
Additional Premium Features: Hands down best quality, set of 7 golf irons, specs, you can buy this senior best iron set with full confidence.
- A very great value for money
- Very affordable for each golfer
- Greatest review holders from the existing users
- You might feel that wedges are heavier than you practiced
2. TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Iron Set
[amazon box=”B08QSLJNGY” title=”TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Iron Set”]
Ohh, If you are having a higher budget, then you will not be able to stop yourself from buying this best iron for senior golfers — Why?
Go through this one and know yourself, it’s amazing.
The Taylormade SIM2 Max iron set for seniors has been listed in Amazon’s Choice category, and that is why you can assume the trustworthiness and value for money of this product.
It is available for both-handed players, it doesn’t matter whether you are a right-handed player or a left-handed player, you can buy it all other features are fulfilling your requirements.
Talking about the shaft, the shaft comes in two variants, graphite and alloy steel, if you are a beginner senior, you should select the iron with a graphite shaft as it is very lightweight.
The next very important point is flex — There are three types of flex in this iron, regular, senior, and stiff.
You should choose the regular or senior flex if you are a beginner senior golf amateur, stiff will be harder for you.
Another important feature is— The loft is 21.5 degrees and the weight is only 8 pounds which is very suitable for senior golf lovers.
- Easy launching and longer distance
- Vert much forgiving
- Vert lightweight
- Not affordable for everyone – Vry Expensive
3. Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons
[amazon box=”B07WTSD6DQ” title=”Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons”]
In search of the best hybrid irons for seniors, you should take a rest here and investigate this Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Inrons twice, because it will make you feel very confident while entering the golf course.
Talking about hand orientation, you are very lucky because it is available for both right-handed and left-handed players.
The shaft material is graphite which is mostly responsible for making this senior hybrid iron very lightweight. It also comes with the Alloy steel shaft, but you should choose the graphite one.
The loft is 20 degrees, a higher loft returns you a lower swing speed which is recommended for senior golfers.
Additional Features: Standard Grip size, Turbocharged face, Hollow construction, Progressive hollow shaping.
- For the hybrid users, it performs more than expected
- Very much forgiving for the off-center hits
- Very lightweight hybrid irons for senior golfers
- It’s a pretty expensive iron set
4. Cobra Golf 2021 Men’s RadSpeed Iron Set
[amazon box=”B08QNCT33T” title=”Cobra Golf 2021 Men’s RadSpeed Iron Set”]
If you are looking for the best game improvement irons for seniors, Cobra Golf 2021 Men’s RadSpeed Iron Set is perfectly suitable for you.
Whether you are a right-handed senior golfer or a left-handed golfer, you don’t need to check it as it is available for both.
Talking about the materials, the shaft material is KBS Tour90, and the iron material is Carbon Steel, due to having both – carbon and steel inside the iron, it’s lightweight and durable.
It comes with the regular flex, and you know very well how much beneficial the regular flex for the senior golfer is.
Considering the golf club loft, it’s 5 degrees, which provides you a very high swing speed, so if you are looking for the high swing golf iron for seniors, then only you should buy this one.
For the senior golfers, more lightweight irons performers much good, and the weight of this seniors’ iron is only 6 pounds, and the grip size is standard.
Additional Features: Radial Weighting Technology, Forged PowerShell Face, 3D Printed Medallion, Tuned Rad Weighting, Tuned Rad Weighting.
- Across the face, it’s much forgiving
- Look, styling, and designing are very modern
- Pricing is very affordable
- Integrated the innovative technology
- Short irons are chunky a little
5. Callaway Big Bertha B21 Combo Iron Set
[amazon box=”B08BWJ3VM1″ title=”Callaway Big Bertha B21 Combo Iron Set”]
Stop here if you are finding the best game improvement irons for seniors because it is accomplishing all your requirements as a senior golf amateur iron.
Talking about the material, the shaft material, and iron material is graphite which makes it very lightweight.
It comes with a regular flex which is very suitable and important for beginners and seniors as well, being a senior, you must choose this flex.
A very important aspect that impacts the swing speed — it comes with 21 degrees loft, which helps you to get a low swing speed so you can judge your destination very easily.
It is available only for left-handed players, so if you are a right-handed senior golf amateur, you need to scroll down, or else you can select the above one.
Additional Features: AI-designed Flash Face Cup, the Confidence-building Club profile, custom tungsten weighting.
- Very much forgiving iron for seniors
- If you are struggling to launch your irons, this is the best for you
- Very much better for the high handicapper’s seniors
- Shorter irons are not much precise
6. Titleist T400 LH FUBUKI MV 50 R 6W2 Irons
[amazon box=”B08BCGZ7J6″ title=”Titleist T400 LH FUBUKI MV 50 R 6W2 Irons”]
Titleist T400 LH Fubuki MV is one of the best distance irons for seniors which you should buy if you are seeking the longer distance iron golf clubs for senior golf amateurs.
Talking about the features of this senior amazing iron, the size is 6-GW2, and the golf club flex is regular.
The golf club loft is 20 degrees, which provides you slower swing speed and the hand orientation is Izquierda.
The material used to make this seniors’ best iron is iron, and the weight will surprise you — it’s just 100 grams.
It is fully responsible to provide you with a very long distance with the highest forgiveness, and it has a thin face, hollow stick head, and a high quantity of tungsten.
The overall combination and construction of all premium modules make this golf iron a super faster, higher, and longer hitter from initiating.
- A very long distance provider of golf iron for seniors
- Quick launching
- Very lightweight
- It may not be affordable for each golfer
Well, you have gone through the buying guide along with the top 6 recommendations for the best senior irons, it’s very damn sure that if you pick any of the above-mentioned irons for seniors, it will give you full worth for the money.
Still, if you are confused, we suggest you buy the second and third ones for the best performance and your budget aspect as well.
Budget is also a very important module while you are going to choose your preferred golf iron as a senior and that’s why the 2nd and 3rd are the best ever for you to accomplish all your requirements.
Q1: How far should a senior golfer hit a 7 iron?
Ans: Generally, a senior golfer can hit a 7 iron 145 yards, but it is not an exact figure, it moves between 128 to 160 yards.
Q2: What age is considered a senior golfer?
Ans: The age of 50 and above is considered a senior golfer for men golfers.
Q3: Should seniors use ladies golf clubs?
Ans: In short, if your height is 5’6″ or less than it, it’s very beneficial to use ladies club if you are a senior golfer.